Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I can't believe its over




Its been a long 9 months that's for sure.
I went into early labor Friday morning and ever so slightly the pain got worse with every hour. I went in Saturday to get checked to see if I was far enough along..........I wasn't I was only dilated to a 1. and then Sunday they got way bad I couldn't sleep through them at all..........when we went in I was still a 1 but they gave me a morphine shot so I could sleep. that lasted about 4 hours and then back to pain all the time. finally on Monday around 3 am I woke Michele up crying and we sat and timed my contractions they were never consistent for longer than 30 minutes, it was really annoying. then around 5 30 we decided to call the hospital to see if I should come in. while Michele was calling and talking t the nurse I was screaming in the background, they told Michele to take me in. When we got to the hospital I was dilated to a 7 and I got my epidural shot and I was out for 5 hours sleeping while I dilated even more. they ended up breaking my water when I was a 9 then at 12 noon I was able to start pushing I pushed for an hour. and at 12:58 on November 30Th of 2009 my little Ashley Lynette was born. after getting all set up in the post par tum room everyone came by to visit and meet Ashley. I didn't get to hold her much until late that afternoon. that night she slept in my bed with me so we could keep her temperature up. she woke up only twice that night because while pregnant I took trazadone and it got in her system and she was still working it out until the second day. On the second day Lynette, Ashley and I were up at 5 30 and Ashley was alert as ever. The doctor came in to check up on me and her and everything was fine. when the pediatrician came in to check up on Ashley, he said she was perfect and then she had to go get her hearing screened. she passed on her left side but didn't pass on her right. (sad) and michele came by at 8 that morning and we girls just talked. Ashley didn't leave my arms much the day after delivery. but Lynette's sister and sister in law came by they are amazing they love Ashley. at the end of the first day after delivery I was exhausted on signing day everyone came by it was crazy I signed at 24 hours after delivery the signing was easy it was the night after that was hard. I was holding her that night after Lynette and Alan had fallen asleep and i just cried with her in my arms and she woke up every 2 hours and Lynette fed her. but at 3 that morning Ashley ate to much and had a tummy ache I rubbed her tummy and patted her back and soothed her the rest of the morning we all woke up around 5 because Ashley got really fussy but she burped and pooped and felt much better. then we all fell back asleep around 6 30 and slept for a couple more hours until our OB/GYN came in to check up on us then Alan and Lynette went to go get dressed and Ashley and I went back to sleep again. around 9 Michele came by again and she started getting my stuff together through out the hospital room.
the nurse came and took her to retake her hearing test and prick her foot to get a count on her billyrubin. but around 11 we were all ready to go I had my discharge instructions and everything and then we got Ashley's and found out we had to have Aanicka the adoption case worker had to be there to sign out Ashley from the Hospital. so we waited another hour while Aanicka came down to the Hospital. we all just visited and opened gifts, Alan and Lynette gave me the whole Black Amethyst set from bath and body works and a memorabilia box to hold things of Ashley's that I wanted to hold on to we got Ashley dressed in her take home clothes and took a boat load of pictures. I didn't let anyone else hold Ashley I even changed her diapers and fed her until it was time for her to go home we all walked out together and I buckled her into her car seat and into the car. and told her I would see her in a couple of weeks.


its been a tough day since I got home I went to bed and snuggled in her hospital blanket and cried myself to sleep, its only natural to cry so I didn't feel bad. and I get to see her every month
It was never good bye its always see you later


adoption is never about giving your baby up its about giving them more and always will be

No comments:

Post a Comment